Restrictor plate races are the toughest to predict. You've got pretty much the whole field running together and you never know when the Big One will happen. We know this for sure, when the Big One does happen, Jimmie Johnson will sneak through unscatched. It's just one of those things that happens when your on a four-plus year roll like Johnson.
The weather looks good for today, so if it's raining here as expected, we've got some good TV viewing at least around 1 p.m. on FOX.
So here goes my top five predictions for today:
1. Jimmie Johnson, one lap short of winning last week.
2. Kurt Busch, Penske cars have been good on restrictor tracks the last couple of years.
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr., hard to predict him to win just because it's been so long, but you can't not pick an Earnhardt at a restrictor track.
4. Carl Edwards, you know he was leading when Kesolowski vaulted him into the air last year.
5. Kevin Harvick, has a knack for being there at the end on these tracks.